Hello,

my boss is complaining that most tasks are showing strange characters.

I looked at those tasks and the are like this:

DESCRIPTION;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE;CHARSET=UTF-8:es inprescindible mejorar la comunicacion interna=0D=0Aclarificar roles y responsabilidades (siendo la formacion parte de este proceso)=0D=0Atrabajar la queja y el victimismo=0D=0A=0D=0A=0D=0A

Lightning isn't interpreting correctly the QUOTED-PRINTABLE part and show the =0D=0A characters instead of a newline.

If I edit the task in sogo, it saves it as raw UTF8 and it shows up correctly in lightning:

DESCRIPTION;CHARSET=UTF-8:es inprescindible mejorar la comunicacion interna
\\n\\nclarificar roles y responsabilidades (siendo la formacion parte de est
 e proceso)\\n\\ntrabajar la queja y el victimismo\\n\\n\\n\\n\\n\\n

If instead I edit the original task in lightning *and* add some special character (in this case 3 ñ at the end, but in a real world test it could be to replace the quoted-printable sequence with a correct special character), it just removes the "CHARSET=UTF-8":

DESCRIPTION;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:es inprescindible mejorar la
 comunicacion interna\\nclarificar roles y responsabilidades (siendo la
 formacion parte de este proceso)\\ntrabajar la queja y el
 victimismo.\\n\U00F1\U00F1\U00F1\\n\\n

and the description doesn't show up in the webinterface at all.

Note that if I create a new task with special characters in lightning, it shows perfectly in the webinterface:

These tests have been made against an 1.3.1 test server with lightning inverse edition 0.11

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.133)  Fax +34 93 5883007