Hello Bo,

Am 18.12.2010 22:26, schrieb Bo Simonsen:
Hi André.

lør, 18 12 2010 kl. 20:51 +0100, skrev André Schild:
Hello Donny,

Am 17.12.2010 21:09, schrieb Donny Brooks:
On 12/17/2010 2:04 PM, Ludovic Marcotte wrote:
On 10-12-17 3:00 PM, Donny Brooks wrote:
Quick question: When the Openchange portion is integrated into SOGo
will it be done in such a way that we will be able to have
email/calendar/contacts on mobile devices that can use exchange
servers? Like on android and apple devices mainly. I ask because we
are only able to open port 80 and 443 to our internal network so even
email would have to be done through this. I know that exchange can
work this way so I am wondering if once implemented the
sogo/openchange combination will do the same.
No - because that is by using ActiveSync - which OpenChange does not
bring. Nonetheless, Bo Simonsen (http://geekworld.dk/sogosync/)
provided ActiveSync support through a Z-Push connector. You could try it.

OpenChange will eventually provide (some bits and bytes are already
there) secure RPC over HTTP ("Outlook Anywhere") so you'll be able to
use Outlook w/o a VPN connection.

Regards,

Thanks for that Ludovic. With that sogosync, will I need to open any
other ports than just 80 and 443 though? I am digging through documents
now but thought you may have a quick yea or nea.

Sogosync implements MS Activesync which is used by mobile devices.
It works over HTTP (Port 80) and also over HTTPS (Port 443)

On the client side some devices (iPhones) require you to use https.

We did some tests with sogosync, but it seems that there is still a
long way to go for a final release.

I would appreciate any feedback. I've been working on it all day today
on getting push imap working and fixed a lot of bugs.. I've currently no
open bugs of which i found my self...

Is there a new version available for download ?
On the http://geekworld.dk/sogosync/ I only see the 121210 version....

The device is a HTC Desire with the latest rom available

Basicaly this happens for me:
- Mail can ben sent (Only text, but OK)
- Mail is received from server, but the mail app crashes with
  com.htc.android.mail exepectedly closed (On every mail)
  as soon as I try to open one mail

- Contact sync
Connection timeout on device (sogo server had 2 processes takig each up 90% cpu on two core) after about 60 seconds

- Calendar sync
  The divce is showing up "a io error occured" very soon (about 10 secs
  after sync start)

:(

André