On Wed, 9 Mar 2011, Luca Olivetti wrote:

 Hi Luca,

Later I realized that the download page says that it's for funambol 8.5, while
I have 8.0.2. Apparently the synchronization works (though it skips that
contact now) but I'd like to know if this is a combination that should work
or I'm facing unexpected problems.

I'm running funambol-8.7.0-x64 with funambol-sogo-1.0.8 from http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=633 [Attached File]
and it works great.

If the latter, what's the simplest way to upgrade funambol without losing
the configuration (I used the bin bundle to install 8.0.2)?

I do not consider configuration for a problem. Problem is to push all
information about synchronized data into new version ;-)
I'm using this way:
- using /opt/Funambol as a production directory - it is a link to
  /opt/Funambol-x.y
- install new version into new directory /opt/Funambol-8.7  and
  create all databases as new by installation procedure
- copy /opt/Funambol/logs and /opt/Funambol/tools/hypersonic/data into
  /opt/Funambol-8.7
  (I'm using default hypersonic db)
- change link /opt/Funambol to /opt/Funambol-8.7

I'm not sure it is exactly correct, but works nice for me.

Milos