On Friday 18 Mar 2011 11:06:16 Alessio Fattorini wrote:
> Il 18/03/2011 12:01, Paul van der Vlis ha scritto:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is it possible for users to have more then one identitie for sending
> > mail?  For e.g. private mail, bussiness mail, more official mail, etc.
>
> It's a recursive question:
> You Need to define the email addresses in the mail attribute of your ldap
> users. The SOGo web interface then allows users to choose from any of the
> addresses when composing emails.

I've done this, and it works well.

However, be warned that if you have clients set up to use your LDAP as an
address book, you can't be sure which of the multiple addresses they will
choose to display as your email. I carefully set up OpenLDAP to return
addresses in a particular order, hoping that the first would always be the one
displayed as the address book address, which mostly worked, but then found
that iCal doesn't pick the first. Dunno how it does choose.
--
Jim Hague - jim.ha...@acm.org          Never trust a computer you can't lift.