At Wed, 25 May 2011 12:32:45 +0200,
André Schild wrote:
> I just started some documentation about real life
> experiences for integration of different client
> devices:
>
> http://wiki.sogo.nu/ClientIntegration
>
> Fell free to expand it and add your own experiences.

Nice work, I've just added some of my own knowledge/experiences.

I've been experiencing some problems with syncing using Funambol. For
android the caldav/carddav apps seem very promising, but that isn't a
solution for blackberry/symbian/windows phones. Last weekend I decided
to start writing a new caldav/carddav backend for Z-Push. The problem
with the already existing backend is that it's based on an older
Z-Push version and it's license in incompatible with newer Z-Push
versions, meaning that it will stay a fork forever. Combined with the
reports that it doesn't really work very well, I decided to start from
scratch using the caldav client and ical library from davical and
libawl-php.

I didn't want to announce this project yet, because I don't really
have much code yet, but since we're talking about client integration
anyway I thought I would share it. Currently calendar items
synchronisation from server to client works, with the exception of
recurring appointments. My current plan is to implement recurring
appointments and one-way contact sync'ing and then setup a project
somewhere to publish the code.

Regards,

Jeroen Dekkers