Hi Ian

Nice to see another UK user of SOGo ! ;-)

Firstly, sharing of email folders and sharing of calendars is completely different. I believe the sharing of mailboxes is done at the mail server end, ie in your dovecot config. (i do not use this so can't help too much here)

You should definitely be able to share calendars in the way you have described though. The permissions side of things can be confusing; have you read the FAQ to fully understand it ? http://www.sogo.nu/english/nc/support/faq/article/what-are-all-those-options-for-calendar-sharing-1.html

You can also setup further logging in sogo which might help, again this is in the FAQ and the manual

Hope this helps

Julian Robbins
Leominster
Herefordshire UK