Hi,

i installed SOGo before group support was integrated, but now i want to have this feature too.

can anybody tell me what i have to add to my existing .GNUstepsDefaults if i want to use groups?

I read the documentation, but i fear that i break my whole system, because im not so familiar with LDAP and co... :)

my understanding is that i have to define the groups entry into my ldap directory and to tell SOGo how to use them.

my ldap tree looks the following:

cn=admin
dc=workgroup,dc=local
ou=sogo-users
ou=groups (used for samba groups also)
ou=computers
ou=idmap
ou=smb-usr

i would use this ldap-file:

dn: cn=admin,ou=groups,dc=workgroup,dc=local
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
objectClass: top
objectClass: extensibleObject
uniqueMember: uid=user1,ou=sogo-users,dc=workgroup,dc=local
uniqueMember: uid=user2,ou=sogo-users,dc=workgroup,dc=local
uniqueMember: uid=user3,ou=sogo-users,dc=workgroup,dc=local
cn: admin
structuralObjectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
mail: j.ech...@echter-kuechen-elektro.de

and add this to my .GNUstepDefaults:

{
CNFieldName = cn;
IDFieldName = cn;
UIDFieldName = cn;
baseDN = "ou=groups,dc=workgroup,dc=local”;
bindDN = "cn=sogo,ou=services,dc=workgroup,dc=local";

where does the ou=services come from, also where does cn=sogo come from?

bindPassword = *mypass*;
canAuthenticate = YES;
displayName = “SOGo Groups”;
hostname = 127.0.0.1;
id = sogo_groups;
isAddressBook = YES;
port = 389;
}

is this right and enough?

i don't really get how to define which user is in which group?

also my configuration file looks different than the one shown in the documentation.

I hope someone is willing to tell me what to do?

here is my .GNUstepDefaults:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//GNUstep//DTD plist 0.9//EN" "http://www.gnustep.org/plist-0_9.xml";>
<plist version="0.9">
<dict>
<key>NSGlobalDomain</key>
<dict>
</dict>
<key>sogod</key>
<dict>
<key>OCSEMailAlarmsFolderURL</key>
<string>mysql://sogo:*mypass*@localhost:3306/sogo/sogo_alarms_folder</string>
<key>OCSFolderInfoURL</key>
<string>mysql://sogo:*mypass*@localhost:3306/sogo/sogo_folder_info</string>
<key>OCSSessionsFolderURL</key>
<string>mysql://sogo:*mypass*@127.0.0.1:3306/sogo/sogo_sessions_folder</string>
<key>SOGoACLsSendEMailNotifications</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>SOGoAppointmentSendEMailNotifications</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>SOGoCalendarDefaultRoles</key>
<array>
<string>PublicViewer</string>
<string>ConfidentialDAndTViewer</string>
</array>
<key>SOGoEnableEMailAlarms</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>SOGoFoldersSendEMailNotifications</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>SOGoForceIMAPLoginWithEmail</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>SOGoIMAPServer</key>
<string>imaps://mailserver.co.de:993/?tls=YES</string>
<key>SOGoLanguage</key>
<string>German</string>
<key>SOGoMailDomain</key>
<string>echter-kuechen-elektro.de</string>
<key>SOGoMailingMechanism</key>
<string>sendmail</string>
<key>SOGoMemcachedHost</key>
<string>127.0.0.1</string>
<key>SOGoProfileURL</key>
<string>mysql://sogo:*mypass*@localhost:3306/sogo/sogo_user_profile</string>
<key>SOGoSMTPServer</key>
<string>mailserver.co.de</string>
<key>SOGoSuperUsernames</key>
<array>
<string>j.ech...@echter-kuechen-elektro.de</string>
</array>
<key>SOGoTimeZone</key>
<string>Europe/Berlin</string>
<key>SOGoUserSources</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>CNFieldName</key>
<string>cn</string>
<key>IDFieldName</key>
<string>uid</string>
<key>UIDFieldName</key>
<string>uid</string>
<key>baseDN</key>
<string>ou=sogo-users,dc=workgroup,dc=local</string>
<key>bindDN</key>
<string>cn=admin,dc=workgroup,dc=local</string>
<key>bindPassword</key>
<string>*mypass*</string>
<key>canAuthenticate</key>
<string>YES</string>