On 23/11/11 09:31, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
Op 23-11-11 07:32, toxl...@gmail.com schreef:
On 22/11/2011 14:41, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
Op 22-11-11 10:31, Julian Robbins schreef:
On 21/11/11 20:57, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
Op 21-11-11 16:55, Julian Robbins schreef:
On 21/11/2011 15:48, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
Hello,

After installing the new Lighning plugin from the Sogo site, my
calendars are read-only. After installing version 3.105 again
everything
works fine.
You may have to recreate the cache files in calendar-data in your
users
Thunderbird profiles.
How do you do that?
In Linux, you'll find a .thunderbird in your users home dir, in Windows
type in %Appdata% in the run box and you get to your user's 'documents
and settings' folder. Go to Thunderbird. Then you'll see a
'calendar-data' sub folder.

In here you will see 2 (possibly 3) files.

      * cache.sqlite
      * caldav-acl.sqlite (possibly only seen with lightning 106i)
      * local.sqlite (if you had any calendar events stored locally in
        Lightning before)

I'm not an expert on this, but if you delete the .sqlite files (when
Thunderbird isn't running), and restart, then Thunderbird will recreate
these files again as a local cache of calendar events and tasks. This
might take a few minutes, and Thunderbird won't respond to normal
requests whilst its doing this.

Likewise the caldav-acl file (much much smaller in size) I believe is
the acl data, permissions on your lightning/sogo calendars.

You can of course look at these files, and edit them if you want with a
sqllite browser such as the GPL SQLite Database Browser In Linux and
Windows too.

I've found that if you get issues with broken calendars, quite often its
because the cache data isn't the same as that on the server. The server
is likely to be correct. Sometimes, events are deleted from the sogo
server, but aren't properly deleted from the local cache, due to issues
with permissions.

This is a trick I use sometimes if I get problems, your mileage may
vary. I've also found that deleting the cache files helps if a user
somehow ends up upgrading to Thunderbird 7/8 with its newer lightning
version, and you need to go back to Thunderbird 3.1 with SOGo. I think
there was a significant change in working with acl between sogo
lightning builds of 105 and 106, and same in std lightning builds, which
this can help correct, if necessary.

Might be handy if Inverse can comment or have any further docs on how
these cache files work, to better fully understand what happens.
Thanks for the information, this can be handy in case of problems.

But I don't think this is a nice upgrade path for my customers... There
are not so many, but this is complex to explain.

Not sure this happens all the time, I've tried it on two machines now,
and both have this problem. Are here other people who have this problem
or don't have this problem after upgrading to 3.106 ?
yep
While migrating from thunder 2 to thunder 3.16 we have a lot of
calendars which "hangs" with the 3.106 extension. the main thunderbird
interface does'nt show and the only way i have is to kill the
thunderbird process and destroy the sqlite files. Then i can restart
thunderbird.
What's more some calendars are very long to get their cache after
destroying it ( 20min for a 8Mo cache.sqlite ?????) . the other problem
is that the main thread of thunderbird doesn't respond while the
extension is trying to get the cache.
i'm searching explications or solutions too
For me the migration is from extention 3.105 to 3.106 on the same
version of Thunderbird. I did it with Thunderbird 3.1.12, a customer
with the latest Thunderbird 3.1, I believe it's 3.1.16.
So are you saying you migrated with no issues ?

Strange that I don't read much in this group about this kind of problems.
There have been mentions of issues with either 1.3.9 SOGo, and/or Lightning 3.106i. I think as they're normally deployed together, its not completely clear if the issue is with Lightning 3.106i. But I believe it is.

--
Kind Regards,

Julian Robbins