Op 23-11-11 09:24, Christian Mack schreef:
> Hello Paul van der Vlis

Hi Christian,

> On 2011-11-22 20:13, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>>
>> Categories are a nice feature, but I don't know what I can do with it
>> except seeing it.
>>
>> Let's say a category is "family", can I send e.g. an e-mail to all
>> people in that category?
>
> Yes, you can.
> First search for this category.
> In order to do so you have to select search criterion "Category" after
> clicking on the search icon (== magnifying glass).
> Now you can type in your category, e.g. "family".
>
> It now displays addresses with the chosen category only.
>
> Then select all of them by selecting one of them and pressing <Ctrl>+A.
> Now right click on them and call "Write".
>
> That's it.

Thanks for your information, this works. But what I miss is a way to
send all those people a BCC. I don't want they see each others e-mail.

Is there a way to send all people in a category a BCC ?

( Yes I now I can use a list. But the problem with lists is, that it's
not easy to check on what lists somebody is. I have many lists. )

> Be aware there is currently a bug in search part of SOGo.
> It will prevent finding anything with characters outside ASCII.
> AFAIK this will be fixed in the next version.

Ah, OK. Thanks for the info.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

http://www.vandervlis.nl