* Carlos Paz <users@sogo.nu>:
> let me describe it a bit more:
>
> 1. I want to migrate 1000 mailboxes (around 40 Gb) from an old Postfix
> server to a new server with Sogo 1.3, is there any tool or procedure to
> acomplish that?

Postfix (SMTP) means transporting and storing mail on a server. How do you
deliver it to clients? IMAP? POP?

If you have IMAP, then IMAP is the way to go.

> 2. The 1000 mailboxes are binded to LDAP, so I think I will need to migrate
> them from the old Openldap directory to Sogo. Also I'm looking for a tool
> or any procedure to complish that.

Assuming you have IMAP on the old server:

1. Setup your new LDAP/SOGO server including its IMAP component.
2. Use imapsync <http://freecode.com/projects/imapsync> to copy messages
   including their state (unread/read and other tags) to the new machine.
   If you use dovecot on both sides, consider using dsync to sync mailboxes.

If you run imapsync/dsync regularly you can conduct a soft migration without
anyone noticing. Just let the sync process run regularly. It will copy over
everything the first time and only fetch the delta in successive runs.

p@rick