On 10/11/11 19:37, Ian McMichael wrote:
Is there a way to get SOGo to issue an EXOP to change the password so that the overlay can be called in OpenLDAP? Are there any other hooks into the password change process I could use to execute something like smbldap-passwd to do the job instead?

Does anyone else synchronise SOGo and SAMBA passwords via their LDAP directory? If so, how have you achieved this?

I take it from the lack of responses I have received that it currently isn't possible to change passwords using LDAP EXOP in SOGo. I'm surprised no-one else has a requirement for this and would be interested to know how others synchronise SAMBA passwords with SOGo accounts via LDAP?

I have a rare few spare hours in the coming weeks. I've not developed in Objective C before but have written extensively in C++ and Java on a variety of platforms. I am hoping I can write and submit a patch that will allow the password change mechanism to be set via a configuration parameter.

Can anyone give me heads-up on where to start looking in the current source to make these changes? It would be really appreciated and I will submit the results of my work back to the community.

Thanks in advance,

--

Ian McMichael

• E-Mail: ian.mcmich...@gmail.com