On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:39:30PM +0000, Khapare Joshi wrote:

> My sogo server sometime response very very slow. I use improxy but my sogo
> server is rather slow and this performance issue is random. I think
> hardware spec of the server is fine. I added  /etc/sysconfig/sogo
> PREFORK=6.
>
> server memory looks 1G free
> CPU utilization average is arond 3-4 %

Assuming your backends are not the problem, maybe try increasing PREFORK
a lot (and remember to also increase postgresql max_connections to
match). We're currently running with PREFORK=60. It's seldom that that
many processes are needed, but when the server has the resources for it
we would rather use cpu than stall the users requests.

> Rebooted server, restarted sogod daemon. But this is bugging me. Sogo
> should be fast (:) and faster than squriell mail. What can I do to optimize
> the sogo server and what are you guys doing for better performance for sogo
> server, any sogo configuration parameter ? postgres indexing ? apache
> config ?

What IMAP server are you running?

  -jf