On 2/15/2012 8:05 AM, Julian Robbins wrote:
On 15/02/12 14:01, Donny Brooks wrote:
I have been meaning to setup a testbed for our SOGo installation ever since we finally moved from "testing" to production. Basically our setup consists of SOGo on it's own virtual machine. It pulls LDAP from our primary OpenLDAP server, mail is accessed from our primary mail server, MySQL is accessed on our primary MySQL server, and we have a separate machine setup for "mobile mail" using the modified z-push which ties back into SOGo for the calendar/contacts.

I just use Proxmox to virtualise the whole sogo server in KVM or openvz, then create a snapshot and run with that. Its then identical in every way ...

Depends on the scale of your operation really i guess ...

Julian
The only issue I have with the "exact snapshot" is that in our setup the MySQL database is on a separate machine. So basically both machines would have access to the same database at the same time. That is why I was thinking about doing a separate MySQL database or server for testing. But then it gets into how to replicate it.

Donny B.