Basically I installed the packages recommended in the manual on the OS version
(Oneiric) recommended in the manual. Thus I have GNUstep v1.22 and gnustep-make
v2.6
I tried but I couldn't (maybe that I don't know the right way) downgrade the
gnustep-make to v2.4.

But I assume that if there was no notice to use older version of gnustep-make
in the manual, the v2.6 should be also fine..

Regards,
BK