hi Martin

I think we narrowed it down to this one rule (thanks to Thomas Paduch ;):
    RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding

    AddOutputFilterByType SUBSTITUTE text/calendar text/xml
Substitute 's|RRULE:([^;]*;?[^;]*);?FREQ=([^;]*);?(.*)$|RRULE:FREQ=$2;$1$3|'

this one puts the "FREQ=" attribute first, as iCal seems to expect it there.
we are still running tests, but it looks good. we have to test all the recurring events too as well as the daylight and standard times.

greetings
hugo.-