Seems as if you'd be right - If I send it using Firefox (12) It gets corrupted - using IE (9) It gets attached correctly and remains readable for the recipient.

Why the heck does Firefox change the contents of an attachment uploaded? If it were only the mime-type that it does not know about it should be possible to save the file to disk and open it from there isn't it? But even after saving the file to disk it does not open.

Is there any known config or setting in Firefox that might affect this behaviour?

Cheers
Andreas