Thank-you in advance!!!!

Help!!!!

While searching for a “free” alternative to Microsoft Exchange (which I
have no experience with!) I found Sogo.  I wanted to try out the virtual
machine “ZEG” .  I imported into virtual box and it starts and I get a
valid IP address which I can ping externaly.  I created another virtual box
running windows XP and installed Microsoft office 2003.  I can ping the Zeg
appliance from the xp machine.  I can even connect to the sogo server through
http and I can access the webmin console through the XP machine.  I modified
the hosts file on the XP machine but outlook will not connect.  I go to control
panel to mail setup and follow the guide on the sogo.nu site.  For the user
name I use sogo1, 2, or 3 with the password sogo.  I’ve tried
so...@example.com, sogo1, sogo\sogo1 as user names I get nothing.  The only
thing I get is either “your Microsoft exchange server is unavailable” or
“the action could not be completed.  The connection to the Microsoft exchange
server is unavailable.  Outlook must be online or connected to complete this
action.”  i also disabled any firewalls.

Can you help?

Please… with sugar on top?!!!

Thank-you,

Joe