I also have this error on... 1 user only. He is similar to all users - i
checked his account ten times, but i have not deleted/recreated him. I
performed no special operations on this account.

To solve it, i updated his password, restarted slapd and sogo, and it
worked. Go back to old password is always firing this error, so, i don't
know who is handling password policy, but it is doing it well :D