On Friday, June 15, 2012 08:16 AM CDT, Luca Olivetti <l...@wetron.es> wrote:

> Al 15/06/2012 14:36, En/na Donny Brooks ha escrit:
> > I am trying to get thunderbird to automatically install integrator. I have
> > tried putting the .xpi file in the %PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla
> > Thunderbird\extensions\ folder named as the {extension-id}.xpi located in
> > the install.rdf. I even tried adding a %PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla
> > Thunderbird\distribution\extensions\ folder and placing it there instead. I
> > have tried putting the unzipped files from the .xpi file in the folder
> > named the extension-id also. In my config I have added
> > extensions.autoDisableScopes to 11 but nothing works. I am at a loss. Once
> > I get integrator I can have it pull connector and lightning but it's just a
> > matter of getting integrator to install automatically first. I am doing
> > this testing manually but eventually I want to create a wpkg package that
> > will push it out to the end users for the initial time. Anyone have any
> > ideas on how to do this?
>
> I'm still on an old version of thunderbird (I'm personally testing 10
> esr, but cannot give to my user a thunderbird with an integrator that
> asks 10 times the password), but I just put the extensions in the
> "extensions" folder.
>
> I also put this file, named local-prefs.js, in defaults\pref:
>
> ----------[cut]-------------------------------------------------------
> pref("general.config.obscure_value", 0);
> pref("general.config.filename", "mozilla.cfg");
> //see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2320715
> ----------[cut]-------------------------------------------------------
>

> Then, in the program directory, this is the content of mozilla.cfg
>
> ----------[cut]-------------------------------------------------------
> //
> lockPref("extensions.autoDisableScopes", 11);
> lockPref("signon.rememberSignons", false);
> lockPref("toolkit.telemetry.enabled", false);
> lockPref("toolkit.telemetry.prompted", true);
> ----------[cut]-------------------------------------------------------
>

> Bye
> --
> Luca Olivetti
> Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es
> Tel. +34 935883004  Fax +34 935883007
> --
> users@sogo.nu
> https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists

I understand about the asking for passwords. If you set that
signon.rememberSignons to true the end users will have a checkbox to remember
password and it will not ask. I initially had that set to false but then the
higher ups got tired of having to type their passwords a bazillion times so I
was forced to change it to true. I have also put a file in the defaults/pref
directory pointing to a .js file in the main thunderbird directory. However
this file merely points to another settings file that is on our intranet web
server. That way I can change the preferences globally with just one config
change. I have set the extensions.autoDisableScopes to 11 but it still will not
work as it should. The global configs work beautifully but the auto install of
extensions does not.

--
Donny B.