I have not yet searched the bugs-database, but I have just been notified that
selecting multiple instances (by control-clicking) of recurring items in the
web interface and deleting them will delete the main/all instances of the
selected items.

Performing the operation when only one item is selected produces a popup window
with a dialog in which one can choose to apply the action on all event or just
on the selected event, I believe the same procedure should be followed when
multiple items have been selected (by control-clicking for example)--