Hello,

On my setup, before Outlook Native Compatibility Setup, Authentication was done by Mysql.

For the Outlook Setup, I added the SOGoUsers Settings for Samba as per doc. After this authentication do not work.
I have configured same username and password in Samba as in Mysql.
However, After I reverted the .GNUstepDefaults to original settings, authentication not working.

Sogo log mentions below

/SOGoRootPage Login for user 'devinder' might not have worked - password policy: 65535 grace: -1 expire: -1 bound: 0// //localhost.localdomain - - [02/Oct/2012:11:52:12 GMT] "POST /SOGo/connect HTTP/1.1" 403 34/66 0.002 - - 0/

Queries :
1. Is Authentication via SAMBA necessary for Outlook Compatibility ?
2. Is LDAP also necessary for Outlook along with Samba as per the statement in help document. "Samba 4's directory can be queried over LDAP just like Microsoft Active Directory".

--
Thanks & Regards,
Devinder Singh Birdi