On 10/10/2012 12:41 PM, Simon Walter wrote:
Hi all,

I've read in a few different posts that in order to have mail aliases, one needs to add another 'mail' entry to the user's LDAP entry. I've done this while testing SOGo with ZEG, and this does not seem to be the case anymore. Neither are the email addresses selectable in from field in the web interface nor does Postfix accept them - they are rejected with an "550-Mailbox unknown". It seems that it is not an alias, because it's trying to deliver the email to a mailbox by the name of the alias instead of trying to deliver to the main mailbox the alias is for.

What's the default/recommended setup to get aliases working in the web interface and for delivery?

I understand that delivery is dependent on the underlying mail system, however, the aliases showing up in the web interface seem SOGo specific. I'd like some feedback on that so I can set up my aliases to be compatible with SOGo.

I read in the installation PDF:
MailFieldNames - an array of fields that returns the user's email addresses (defaults to mail when unset)

Is that what I'm looking for? Anything I should be aware of?

Simon

--
Simon Walter

IT Manager
Hokkaido Tracks Management
Ph: +81 (0) 136 23 3503
Fax: +81 (0) 136 21 2559
www.hokkaidotracks.com

This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail. Whilst reasonable
precautions have been taken to ensure that this message and any attachments are
free from viruses or other malicious code, no guarantee is implied or given.
The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views held
by Hokkaido Tracks.