Götz,

the best indication is http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/roadmap_page.php ; there you can
see how far the great guys at Inverse have progressed toward the new version.
Interim releases ("2.0.3a") happen unscheduled, i.e. when a nasty bug crept
undetected into an official release.

BTW: The guys at Inverse live from support contracts and paid developments; so
if you have a particular need, get in touch with them directly, and then you
also know when the feature will be realised.

All the best from "the south",
-Marcel