On Fri, 2012-12-28 at 16:49 +0100, Olivier Bitsch wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Regarding the documentation avaiable on
> http://www.openchange.org/developers/initializing.html and I have some
> basic question :
>
> OpenLDAP dependancy
> Why using two directory, Samba4 and OpenLDAP? My thoughts is to have a
> simplest server as possible and the easiest way to create users.

Indeed, it is not mandatory nor required as long as you run Samba4 in
forked mode - which is production use setup.

The documentation covers the single process mode of Samba server which
is our common development setup. In a single process configuration, LDAP
synchronous call reentrance from SOGo OpenChange backend to Samba is
causing some kind of dead lock.

> ZEG appliance
> Another question about the ZEG appliance, why samba4 is not working
> for file sharing?

I presume it was simply not intended to. In our respective configuration
guides (OpenChange and SOGo), we just try to expose the minimal
setup/requirements/configuration required to run OpenChange
Exchange-compatible server (btw we need to document autodiscovery and
rpcproxy).

Kind Regards,
Julien.

--
Julien Kerihuel
j.kerih...@openchange.org

GPG Fingerprint: 0B55 783D A781 6329 108A  B609 7EF6 FE11 A35F 1F79