On 01/06/2013 09:56 PM, John Bieling wrote:
Am 06.01.2013 20:09, schrieb Anselm Martin Hoffmeister:
Am 06.01.2013 16:45, schrieb John Bieling:
Am 06.01.2013 14:40, schrieb John Bieling:
Hi,

using sogo 2.0.3 with

sogod SOGoSMTPAuthenticationType PLAIN

enabled. This is the SMTP reply after EHLO with telnet

open smtp.wordlserver.net 25

220 mail01.worldserver.net ESMTP Speedbone Mailservice
EHLO sogoserver
250-mail01.worldserver.net
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 69730304
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5
250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5

This is not RFC compliant, if I understand the spec correctly (see http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5321 page 33). It seems some mailservers
send that AUTH=PLAIN to support old Outlook Express clients that need
this for authentication to work (cf. http://www.wogri.at/248.html?L=1 ).

It would by nice if SOGo went the extra mile to accept this
non-standard but obviously existant line. Being RFC compliant is not a bug, though :-)

BR
-AMH-

Can we do something about it? Can we patch the source, or will that only be done by inverse?

Are they reading this or do we have to ask/tell someone?

Thanks
John

If found the Bug-Report System and I found a simple fix for the problem.

http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=2161

Hope it will be used.