On 01/25/2013 05:51 PM, Bill Cameron wrote:
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Dave Fullerton
<dfullertaster...@shorelinecontainer.com>  wrote:
On 01/25/2013 01:37 PM, Christian Mack wrote:
Hello Dave Fullerton

Am 2013-01-25 18:33, schrieb Dave Fullerton:

I was setting up our Sales manager on SOGo today and ran into a weird
problem. After I got Thunderbird set up I imported his contacts and
email from Outlook. The import went successfully and I can see of his
700+ contacts in both Thunderbird and in the SOGo web portal but not all
of them are showing up on his iOS devices. I have discovered that if I
open a contact in the web portal and then save it without making any
changes, that it will then show up on his iOS devices. I've gone through
the A's and B's but I would prefer to not have to go through the rest of
them like this as it will probably take me all afternoon. Anyone have
any ideas on what went wrong and how I can fix it?

How about making a backup of that users contacts via sogo-tool, erasing
them all and then restore the data again with sogo-tool.

This should be fast, and fix all contacts.

Christian,
   Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it did not work. Everything
that did not work before the restore still did not work after.

   I have started looking at the database entries itself and the only
difference I can see in a before-after is an empty NOTE field and some
additional "\r"'s.

Before:
                     c_content
  BEGIN:VCARD\r                                   +
  VERSION:3.0\r                                   +
  PRODID:-//Inverse inc.//SOGo Connector 1.0//EN\r+
  UID:C58D8666-A9D0-0001-562C-1AB05B1A6770\r      +
  N:Kxxxxx;Kxxx\r                                 +
  FN:Kxxx Kxxxxx\r                                +
  X-MOZILLA-HTML:FALSE\r                          +
  EMAIL;TYPE=work:k...@xxxxxxxxxxxx.com\r         +
  NOTE:\r\n\r                                     +
  END:VCARD\r                                     +
  \r                                              +

After:
                     c_content
  BEGIN:VCARD\r                                   +
  VERSION:3.0\r                                   +
  PRODID:-//Inverse inc.//SOGo Connector 1.0//EN\r+
  UID:C58D8666-A9D0-0001-562C-1AB05B1A6770\r      +
  N:Kxxxxx;Kxxx\r                                 +
  FN:Kxxx Kxxxxx\r                                +
  X-MOZILLA-HTML:FALSE\r                          +
  EMAIL;TYPE=work:k...@xxxxxxxxxxxx.com\r         +
  END:VCARD

Any other ideas?

-Dave
We ran into the same issue with one person who had 1200 contacts. I
found 2 things that would cause the contact not to sync.

If the contact had a \n (line feed) in the Note: field or a large
photo attached to the contact. I gave the user a list of all the
contacts that matched these criterias and told him to fix them. It
fixed the problem but anytime he creates multiple lined items in the
Notes field he has to fix them before it will sync.

Bill C.
I use funambol-8.7.0.bin with funambol-sogo-1.0.9.s4j.
BL sync stops at funambol log like this:

com.funambol.common.pim.icalendar.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line 32, column 1. Encountered: "\r" (13), after : "\r" at com.funambol.common.pim.icalendar.ICalendarSyntaxParserTokenManager.getNextToken(ICalendarSyntaxParserTokenManager.java:2409) at com.funambol.common.pim.icalendar.ICalendarSyntaxParser.jj_ntk(ICalendarSyntaxParser.java:687) at com.funambol.common.pim.icalendar.ICalendarSyntaxParser.PropertyValue(ICalendarSyntaxParser.java:427) at com.funambol.common.pim.icalendar.ICalendarSyntaxParser.Property(ICalendarSyntaxParser.java:335) at com.funambol.common.pim.icalendar.ICalendarSyntaxParser.VEventItem(ICalendarSyntaxParser.java:98)

I think it's too hard for developers to fix it. It's there forever.

Allen