Am Freitag, 8. Februar 2013, 15:43:04 schrieb Jean Raby:
> On 13-02-08 3:13 PM, Robert McQueen wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I've set up SOGo last night as we're evaluating it for Collabora - I'm
> > initially very impressed! Very good work.
> >
> > I had a couple of queries, one I noticed when playing around importing
> > existing contacts - it seems the schema / web form are hardcoded to have
> > 2 e-mail addresses and 5 phone numbers (1 each of work home mobile fax
> > and pager), which in some cases results in some data loss when I import
> > some of my existing vCards.
>
> The interface only shows some of the vcard fields, there shouldn't be
> any data loss however.
> Check the vcard source (right-click -> raw source), you should see all
> the fields.

Hello,

yes, this seems to be true for the web interface. And the web editor only
changes the fields that have really been edited, without deleting all other
fields, which is great.

However, thunderbird behaves completely different: Whenever a vcard is opened
within thunderbird, and confirmed with "ok", thunderbird overwrites the
complete vcard. This leads to data loss if the vcard contained additional
fields. Does a workaround/solution exist for that problem?

Best regards
Heiner