On 02/08/2013 11:24 PM, Christian Mack wrote:
Hello Simon Walter

Am 2013-02-08 06:47, schrieb Simon Walter:
Users are getting errors like:
An error occurred when writing to the calendar Personal Calendar *
Error code: MODIFICATION_FAILED
preform the request.

Is it true that the permission level of a calendar event must be set to
"Respond To" if the invited person is to accept or reject invitations?
Not in general.

A)
If the invitation in question is addressed to user A (= attendee).
User A has shared the calendar with this invitation to user B.
Then person B must be granted the privilege "Respond To" in order to
accept this invitation.
That is because the user B is responding (= accept/decline) to an event,
that belongs to the other user A.

B)
If user C is invited (= attendee).
Then this invitation will appear in her "personal calendar".
There she can accept/decline as often as she wishes, because this is her
own calendar.
On her own calendar user C has always full control.

If someone with a Personal Calendar has Public event permissions set to
"View Date and Time" and invites someone to a Public event, that invited
person will not be able to accept the invitation?

No, this has nothing to do with event privacy.
If you set the event on creation to public, confidential or private does
not matter.
As long as you invite someone, she can accept/decline this invitation.

Event privacy only influences the visibility and/or change privileges
you grant directly to your calendar with this event.
As you grant "View Date and Time" to Public events in your calendar, the
person who you granted this permission, can see Date and Time of all
your public events while directly looking at your calendar.
Again, this has nothing to do with invitations.

They could be doing something else (incorrectly) to cause this error,
but I wanted to check if that is the case.

I once had that, because my session had timed out.
I just had to login to SOGo again.

That is very good information. Thank you.

I think what my users are doing is sharing their personal calendars with each other to be a *really* close team. However, they have not set the "Respond To" permissions on the calendar for that specific user (case A).

I'm going to suggest that they do not share their personal calendars, but rather create a calendar for their team and share it with each team member setting the "modify" permission.

Thanks again for explaining this.

Kind regards,

Simon

--