On 19/02/2013 01:01, administrator wrote:
I just tried it with:
remastersys backup

no installer or anything came up. Just dropped me to the prompt, but did boot
up in a non-vm intel based desktop

trying:
remastersys dist

Hopefully that works. I'm thinking it might require x and ubiquity maybe?

-K
I did remastersys backup which means It still holds a couple of test emails I sent in the sogo1 account. The remastersys dist would presumably have stripped those out.

When you boot the ISO it puts a text based menu called Sogo Live CD with a number of options including Live CD and Install. If you wait and don't select it will boot Live CD and take you to the command prompt after a while on the Ubuntu 12.04 . . . . screen. The command prompt includes the IP address so you can go say http://192.168.1.109/ from another PC. Because of SAMBA you can probably go http://sogo/ I can on mine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayland Sothcott [mailto:wayl...@sothcott.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 8:46 AM
To: users@sogo.nu
Subject: [SOGo] ZEG burned to ISO DVD using remastersys

I put the Zero Effort Groupware image .vmdk into bootable ISO format!
I am now able to pop a Live DVD into an AMD64 machine and run ZEG on hardware
rather than VMWare.
I can run it as live or install it.
This is handy for testing and could help build production hardware without
having to start from scratch.

I have used Remastersys which works best with Ubuntu.

Start ZEG in VMWare.
Log into the ZEG terminal with sogo/sogo

Follow the Remastersys instructions for creating a Ubuntu ISO
http://geekconnection.org/remastersys/

Install FTP so you can download the file to your CD burning computer apt-get
install proftpd-basic ucf
chose:    standalone

Get CuteFTP or whatever FTP package on your host computer
host: sogo
user: sogo
pw: sogo
Then download the ISO from /home/remastersys/remastersys/

Test this ISO by using it as the CD-ROM in a new virtual machine in VMWare
Workstation.
Burn it to DVD (too big for CD) and test on target hardware.

Regards,
Wayland

--

Mobile: 07925 431381