On 20/02/2013 18:32, christoph.eh...@sasplusnet.de wrote:
Hello,
i installed the recent ZEG image ZEG-2.0.4.ova from your download area in a
virtualbox env. The vbox is on a dedicated server and got its own public ip.

SOGo webmail works. What i want to do is to add a new domain so i can use it in
a real life scenario with outlook support. I added new domain via samba-tool
domain and outlook configuration pdf. The problem ist that outlook connection
doesn't work because a dns failure. Does this appliance use samba4's internal
dns or bind9? What about dns updates? When i executed samba-tool provision a
file  named.conf.update is generated but i can't include it in this bind setup
(unknown option update-policy when i restart bind). I need to resolve SRV
entries.

So all i want to do is add a new domain so i can use sogo on my dedicated box.
What steps are needed? Any help would be nice.
I know why you want to use the ZEG image, at least it works. It seems so difficult to build a server with SOGo integrated that finding some way of using the ZEG seems like a good idea. However there are some alterbative server builds that are better overall. Perfect Debian 6 with ISPConfig 3 is a good solution if you want to run an ISP. ClearOS or Zentyal are both good in an office environment.

Currently no one has put all this together as a working procedure to build a decent server in the way the HowtoForge has done with Perfect Debian 6. That procedure talks you through building a decent server every time.

--

Mobile: 07925 431381
Office: 01787 388165