Have you tried to connect Outlook on something other than Windows 8?

On 06/24/2013 08:39 AM, raymond wrote:
email-banner

*From:*raymond [mailto:raym...@joburgtheatre.com]
*Sent**:* 24 June 2013 01:30 PM
*To:* users@sogo.nu
*Subject:* [SOGo] Problem with outlook and ZEG - Need help please!

Here is my setup. (I am very interested in setup but can't get it to work)

1)Downloaded ZEG and running it on VMware ESXi 5.1 (64bit) server.

2)Windows 8 laptop

3)Outlook 2007

4)Opened windows (hosts) file with Administrator (notepad) and added ( 192.168.1.2sogo.example.com)

5)Disabled firewall on laptop

6)Opened Internet Explorer on laptop and navigated to https://192.168.1.2:80

7)The Sogo login screen appears.

8)Open command prompt on windows system and ping sogo.example.com (I get a return from 192.168.1.2)

9)Open control panel on Windows system and got to mail, add new account, MS exchange account, enter exchange server details as 192.168.1.2 and enter user (sogo2) click on (check name)

10)Get error message "You must be connected to MS exchange server"

What did I not do? I can't get outlook to connect to ZEG

When I don't select "Microsoft Exchange server" option and only select the (auto discover) in outlook then it connects to the IMAP settings of the ZEG and no contacts or calendars are accessible. The documentation states that you need to select the "Microsoft Exchange" option. This does not work as per my comments above... What I missing?

Any help will be appreciated. Seems like a good product on the read up, but I can get it to work, so I can test it. Accessing the user accounts in the browser is fine and I can send mail from sogo1 to sogo2 and sogo3 but outlook just will not connect as per the documents.

Thank you

Raymond Potgieter

IT Manager

Joburg Theatre