On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 09:52:46AM +0100, SOGo Noob wrote:

> After reviewing your advice I have begun the process of swapping from MySQL
> auth back over to LDAP auth, and can see that functionality via LDAP seems
> much greater.

Cool.

> I have a quick question though, does SOGo have any user administration
> methods without falling back to an LDAP management system? For example, our
> clients normally have one user that would like the ability to create new
> mailboxes and distribution groups etc - is there an easy way to accommodate
> such control or do we need to look at another approach for this?

I don't think SOGo has any user administration features. We do our user
administration by internally developed self-care webpages for our
customers. These just add/delete/modify ldap-users by talking "directly"
with the directory server. (maybe not really directly, but by submitting a
job to a queueing system that then talks with the directory server)

All our mail provisioning is handled trough LDAP. If a new domain gets
added to o=$domainname.com,o=ISP,o=example,c=com, this will
automatically be used by postfix/dovecot/sogo, and users created there
can immediately receive email and use the webmail.

  -jf