Hello Brian DeRosa

Am 2013-08-14 20:59, schrieb Brian DeRosa:
> I'm new to SOGo and have searched for an answer to this question, but
> haven't really found what I was looking for.
>
> I'm currently using a combination of Postfix and SquirrelMail for my user
> base.
>
> My users actively utilize Postfix's address extension function; they can
> dynamically create "From" addresses with whatever extension they like
> within SquirrelMail.
>
> My id is an example (using "-" vs the standard "+" that is suggested
> within Postfix's configuration).
>
> In looking at SOGo web client in the latest ZEG edition, I couldn't figure
> out an easy way to open up that functionality. Basically, letting my users
> define whatever complete list of From addresses they'd want to chose from.
>
> I tried allowing SOGoMailCustomFromEnabled within the config, but that
> only seemed to allow me to save a single alternative email address for
> selection.
>
> Is there a way of allowing multiple users to dynamically manage (create,
> update, and delete) a listing of From addresses?
>
> user-examp...@mydomain.com
> user-examp...@mydomain.com
> etc...

Yes, that is possible, but you have to give them write access to your
enterprise address book.
There you can enter multiple email addresses (attribute: mail), which
can then be selected on email composition.

For example we use LDAP backend for authentication.
We have multiple "mail" attributes per user in it.
But setting these is done via our IDM system, not via SOGo, as we don't
allow users to change LDAP entries.

In SOGo you can allow users to edit these entries by listing them in
"modifiers".
Be aware they then can change every attribute visible in the address book!

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz