On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 07:22 AM CDT, "Donny Brooks"
<dbro...@mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 05:59 AM CDT, Ludovic Marcotte
> <lmarco...@inverse.ca> wrote:
>
> > On 2013-09-23 3:55 PM, Donny Brooks wrote:
> > > I am needing to set the "Allow return receipts for some messages" to "Ask
> > > me" for every user on my domain without having to ask them to do it. Is
> > > this a setting I can push via the global settings? Or is there a way to
> > > do a backup and restore of all users settings with that setting enabled?
> > You could use sogo-tool for this.
> >
> > --
> > Ludovic Marcotte
> > lmarco...@inverse.ca  ::  +1.514.755.3630  ::  http://inverse.ca
> > Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://sogo.nu) and PacketFence
> > (http://packetfence.org)
> >
> > --
> > users@sogo.nu
> > https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
>

> I have looked into this and it appears I will need to run the following for
> each user:
>
> sudo -u sogo sogo-tool user-preferences set defaults %user%
> SOGoMailReceiptAllow '{"SOGoMailReceiptAllow": "1"}'
> sudo -u sogo sogo-tool user-preferences set defaults %user%
> SOGoMailReceiptAnyAction '{"SOGoMailReceiptAnyAction": "ask"}'
> sudo -u sogo sogo-tool user-preferences set defaults %user%
> SOGoMailReceiptNonRecipientAction '{"SOGoMailNonRecipientAction": "ask"}'
> sudo -u sogo sogo-tool user-preferences set defaults %user%
> SOGoMailReceiptOutsideDomainAction '{"SOGoMailReceiptOutsideDomainAction":
> "ask"}'
>
> Is there an easy way with sogo-tool to have it do that for all 200 users?
>
> --
>
> Donny B.
>
> --
> users@sogo.nu
> https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists

Just for future prosperity sake here is how I did it:

First run a backup of all users with sogo-tool. I put my backups in /backup on
the server:

sudo -u sogo-tool backup /backup ALL

Then I created the settings.sh file with the following contents:

#!/bin/bash
for user in $(ls /backup/ ); do
sudo -u sogo sogo-tool user-preferences set defaults $user SOGoMailReceiptAllow
'{"SOGoMailReceiptAllow": "1"}'
sudo -u sogo sogo-tool user-preferences set defaults $user
SOGoMailReceiptAnyAction '{"SOGoMailReceiptAnyAction": "send"}'
sudo -u sogo sogo-tool user-preferences set defaults $user
SOGoMailReceiptNonRecipientAction '{"SOGoMailNonRecipientAction": "send"}'
sudo -u sogo sogo-tool user-preferences set defaults $user
SOGoMailReceiptOutsideDomainAction '{"SOGoMailReceiptOutsideDomainAction":
"ignore"}'
done

chmod +x settings.sh

then run it. Should set all settings you have for it. I believe this could be
used for any kind of preference you want to change. Hope it helps someone else.

--

Donny B.