In a message dated 2013-1114 16:35 -0500, André Schild wrote:
Am 14.11.2013 21:50, schrieb John Kaufmann:

...  I just clicked on the "SOGo Connector Thunderbird Extension"
button <http://www.sogo.nu/english/downloads/frontends.html>, Firefox did
the download (to memory, not to disk), tried to automagically install,
then threw the error.

Firefox did download and tryed to install it in Firefox!

Indeed - stupid on my part.

Right-Click it and download it to a disk file.
Then drag&drop this file to TB and it will install.

I did not even know about the drag&drop feature, so after downloading, I just installed explicitly. Thanks for the tip.

BTW: Do you know why this is not in the Mozilla library?

Usually you have to configure the downloaded integrator which then in turn
downloads the extension from your server

Ahh, nice!  I will revise my expectations for the future.

Thanks, André - and I must apologize, again, as I did to Markus, that my posts are slow getting through the list - which means that you and others are bothered about questions on which I already have answers. Sorry, I don't know what to do about that, except thank you for your time, and hope that the list helps me to use less of it in the future.

John