I might add that the behavior I see in Safari works as I would expect —
changing password simply changes password and leaves all other functions
working as they were, including SOGo, email and calendar.

FireFox, on the other hand, exhibits the behavior where the authentication gets
broken and the website does not display or operate properly until user logs
back in.

Thanks for any help.
~Laz