On 13-12-09 11:19 PM, Burk Al wrote:
Now I am wondering what could I have been missing? Why would I want to go with
an additional ldap server if Samba4 can act as one?
For normal use, using samba4 as the LDAP server for sogo should work just fine.
There is however a limitation in openchange/sogo design: all calls to it are blocking, while the rest of samba is non-blocking.

This causes issues when debugging samba/openchange/sogo, since one must run samba as a single process/thread (samba -i -M single).

LDAP requests made from the SOGo backend will always block while calling the ldap server. However, since the process is running in a single thread and that thread is blocked, the LDAP server will never get the request. Hence the process will simply stall until a timeout is reached.

If you run SOGo with the samba4 ldap backend, you won't be able to run gdb against it. This means that in case of a crash, it will be really hard to get a meaningful stack trace, so we won't be able to help out as much.