On 2013-12-20 5:41 AM, Albert Shih wrote:
Well I try this, actually only manually, for example I just kill some sogod
process who eat ~150:00:00 time (since yesterday) and that make sogo crash
(no more connection on the web-gui, need a service sogod restart).
That's because you killed the parent process, and not one of its child workers. You must never do that.

There are a couple of things you should look at for under-performing sogod child processes:

1. make sure your IMAP server is fast. Look at Cyrus IMAP Server or
   Dovecot with indexes. You might also want to use imapproxy in
   between SOGo and your imap server
2. make sure your LDAP server is properly indexed - see the SOGo
   installation guide for details
3. make sure the number of sogod workers X the value of SxVMemLimit is
   lower than the amount of RAM you have - so you don't start swapping
4. tune your database server - especially if you do use MySQL (run
   http://mysqltuner.pl to start with)

This should get you started.

Thanks,

--