Good call here Steve. I did double check them, (different uids), and tried
using the dovecot, but it was a no-go: same results.

HOWEVER, I discovered I’m a dolt and didn’t pay attention to a critical
difference between the servers: the new server had an older version of SOGo.
Upgraded, tweaked a few minor details, and all is well. Sigh… details. Thanks
all!