To receive email your mail dns settings point to the correct server to receive the mail. You alluded to a change of modem/router so therefore it's more than likely firewall/dns issues that are causing your problems.

Get outside your network and see if you can ping your email address and then see if you can hit your imap server with telnet and you will start getting answers to what is probably wrong.
Steve