It's Friday afternoon and 13th!  My brain is starting to ache after
spending the morning trying to diagnose an issue with shared mailboxes
using SOGo 2.2.5 and Dovecot 2.2.9 on a new server build under Ubuntu
14.04 LTS.  So, I thought I would see if anyone on the list can assist me?

I've narrowed the problem down to the username being inserted by SOGo
into my shared dictionary file.  When I add an entry via the SOGo web UI
I get the following style of line written:

    shared/shared-boxes/user/usera/us...@example.net
    1

However, if I use the IMAP ACL extension for Thunderbird and do the same
thing it yields:

    shared/shared-boxes/user/us...@example.net/us...@example.net
    1

With the domain name specified in both entries everything works fine in
both Thunderbird and the SOGo web UI.

So, I guess my question is, where does SOGo get the username of the
person I'm sharing a mail folder with?  We're using a Samba 4 Active
Directory as the source for users and as far as I can tell everything
else is working fine.  By turning mail_debug on in Dovecot I can see
that the ACL plugin is indeed checking for the full e-mail address of
the user, rather than just their username.

My guess would be to change UIDFieldName in sogo.conf from it's current
value of sAMAccountName to mail?  However, my understanding is that
would break all calendars and addressbooks in the database as they then
wouldn't be associated with their owners.  Is there a way to fix this if
I need to do it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

--

Ian McMichael