Response to the follow up questions below would be appreciated...

Charles

On 7/22/2014 4:32 PM, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:
On 7/22/2014 4:15 PM, Ludovic Marcotte <lmarco...@inverse.ca> wrote:
On 2014-07-21, 8:50 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
My question is, could this problem simply be caused because the LDAP
user Source has canAuthenticate set to yes?

Yes and it's required for groups, as stated in the documentation:

"Finally, SOGo supports LDAP-based groups. Groups must be deļ¬ned like
any other authentication sources (ie., canAuthenticate must be set to YES and a
group must have a valid email address)"

Thanks Ludo.

I do remember this, but... I also told you when you set this up for me that not one of my Groups have valid email addresses (totally no need for them), and it is working... so... ?

You get failures because SOGo tries both sources - as it doesn't know in
which one the user will be.

Is there an enhancement request to provide a fix for this? Seems like it would be beneficial to others to have a way to check for LDAP Group Membership solely for purposes of applying ACLs...

The "/> Jul 21 06:57:07 sogod [29455]: [ERROR]
<0x0x7ff375e55800[NGLdapAttribute]> could not convert value of
objectGUID to string/" warning is harmless and just annoying. It has
been silenced and it'll be part of v2.2.7.

All of these error types (ObjectGUID, objectSis, userCert, etc)?

Also, can you comment on the fact that there are many *hundreds*, sometimes even over a *thousand*, of these, all in the space of a single second of time?

Glad to hear that at least some of these will be silenced soon... It makes trying to read the logs extremely frustrating at times.

Thanks again for replying,

Charles