I have a 2.2.17a system using Samba 4's AD back-end for its authentication. Over the past few days a number of user account passwords have expired. Where these are also Windows users they are prompted to change their password at logon to their PC. However, for web-only users, the SOGo logon just denies access now rather than prompting for a change.

Is this the expected behaviour? I have tried with passwordPolicy = YES (it was originally set to NO) and this does not seem to make any difference. The following is logged in sogo.log when a user with an expired password tries to connect:

Apr 29 10:56:37 sogod [860]: SOGoRootPage Login from '192.168.x.x' for user 'username' might not have worked - password policy: 65535 grace: -1 expire: -1 bound: 0

Users with unexpired passwords can log in fine with passwordPolicy set to either YES or NO. SOGoPasswordChangeEnabled = YES is also set on the server and works fine when the password is still within its lifetime.

Any assistance much appreciated,

Ian.