..there's also the apt-cache policy <packagename> which would outline which package editions are available from differing repositories as well as which one was used for installation.

i would of assumed the i386 build would be coming so I didn't bother to file any bugreport, but after seeing the responses it looks like support for i386 has been dropped permanently.