On 09/23/2015 03:32 AM, Christian Mack wrote:
Am 22.09.2015 um 14:47 schrieb Steve Ankeny:
On 09/21/2015 07:11 AM, Steve Ankeny wrote:
On 08/31/2015 03:51 PM, Ludovic Marcotte wrote:
Hello,

After many months of development, Inverse is happy to announce the
availability of SOGo v3.0 beta 1.
ran "update|upgrade" successfully ('sope', 'sogo',
'openchange-ocsmanager', etc.)

after running update a second time, I saw the following --

   openchangeproxy openchangeserver

so, I ran the following --

adam@sogo:~$ sudo apt-get install openchangeproxy openchangeserver
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
   libnanomsg0 python-memcache
   libnanomsg0 python-memcache
   openchangeproxy openchangeserver
2 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1,008 kB of archives.
After this operation, 646 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

once I chose Y, I received the following error --

=== OpenChange Directory ===
schema_data_add: updates are not allowed: reject request

THAT was because I had the following in my 'smb.conf' --

     ### Configuration required by OpenChange server ###
     #dsb:schema update allowed = true
     #dcerpc endpoint servers = +epmapper, +mapiproxy
     #dcerpc_mapiproxy:server = true
     #dcerpc_mapiproxy:interfaces = exchange_emsmdb, exchange_nsp,
exchange_ds_rfr
     ### Configuration required by OpenChange server ###

BEFORE I uncommented 'dsb:scheme update allowed = true' I saw the
following --

=== OpenChange Directory ===
schema_data_add: updates are not allowed: reject request

Error adding msExchRecipientTypeDetails and msExchRecipientDisplayType
atributes to schema: (53, 'schema_data_add: updates are not allowed:
reject request\n')
Unable to find attribute msExchRecipientDisplayType in the schema
Error adding msExchRecipientTypeDetails and msExchRecipientDisplayType
to Mail-Recipient schema: (21, "objectclass_attrs: attribute
'mayContain' on entry
'CN=Mail-Recipient,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=smbdomain,DC=com'
contains at least one invalid value!")
Error migrating user CN=cbsexports,CN=Users,DC=smbdomain,DC=com: (16,
"objectclass_attrs: attribute 'msExchRecipientTypeDetails' on entry
'CN=cbsexports,CN=Users,DC=smbdomain,DC=com' was not found in the
schema!"). Skipping user
Error migrating user CN=cbsexports,CN=Users,DC=smbdomain,DC=com: (16,
"objectclass_attrs: attribute 'msExchRecipientDisplayType' on entry
'CN=cbsexports,CN=Users,DC=smbdomain,DC=com' was not found in the
schema!"). Skipping user
Error migrating user CN=steve,CN=Users,DC=smbdomain,DC=com: (16,
"objectclass_attrs: attribute 'msExchRecipientTypeDetails' on entry
'CN=steve,CN=Users,DC=smbdomain,DC=com' was not found in the schema!").
Skipping user
Error migrating user CN=steve,CN=Users,DC=smbdomain,DC=com: (16,
"objectclass_attrs: attribute 'msExchRecipientDisplayType' on entry
'CN=steve,CN=Users,DC=smbdomain,DC=com' was not found in the schema!").
Skipping user

[listing each user in the database and ending with "Skipping user"]

Migration of openchange directory done
=== OpenChange DB ===
Migration openchange db done
=== Indexing ===
Nothing to migrate
=== Named Properties ===
Migration MAPIStore named properties backend done
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-0ubuntu6.6) ...
adam@sogo:~$

It appears there WAS data to migrate BEFORE the error, and it's still in
the database.

THAT's why I ask the question --

*Do I need to simply reprovision OpenChange?

*I'm still not able to call 'dcerpc' services from 'smb.conf' and
OpenChange is not running properly.

Looks for me, like your SAMBA4 was not Schema master when you upgraded.
This should be checked in the upgrade script if needed.
Therefore you should open a bug report athttp://www.sogo.nu/bugs

JUST REALIZED I RESPONDED TO THE WRONG THREAD (sorry) I've changed the subject line.

Ok, how do I resolve the issue at this point?  Re-provision OpenChange?

I built this server from scratch using Ubuntu 14.04 and Samba 4.1.6

I built it in preparation for the SOGo upgrade to 2.3.0, and when that arrived, I had difficulty upgrading Samba 4.1.6 to the Inverse version 4.1.18, as the 'postinst' script was not removing previous links in 'rc.d'

I downloaded the Inverse DEB, extracted and edited it at line 50 --

'update-rc.d -f samba remove'

-- then repackaged and installed it.  I reported the issue here --

https://lists.inverse.ca/sogo/arc/users/2015-07/msg00174.html

re: FSMO roles on my Samba-AD-DC, I find the following --

adam@sogo:~$ sudo samba-tool fsmo show
InfrastructureMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=SOGO,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=smbdomain,DC=com RidAllocationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=SOGO,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=smbdomain,DC=com PdcEmulationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=SOGO,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=smbdomain,DC=com DomainNamingMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=SOGO,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=smbdomain,DC=com SchemaMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=SOGO,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=smbdomain,DC=com
adam@sogo:~$

*The SchemaMasterRole is clearly identified* (so, it's there)

And, as I've indicated previously, my Samba-AD-DC works fine, but OpenChange, and associated services, have never worked as they should. I didn't need them before, as we use Thunderbird, but I do now.

All the required packages are installed, and I find the following services running --

adam@sogo:~$ sudo initctl list | egrep 'samba|smb|nmb|winbind'
winbind stop/waiting
smbd stop/waiting
reload-smbd stop/waiting
samba-ad-dc start/running, process 3536
adam@sogo:~$

adam@sogo:~$ sudo ps aux | egrep 'openchange|ocsmanager|rpcproxy'
adam 4713 0.0 0.0 9440 920 pts/0 S+ 08:21 0:00 egrep --color=auto openchange|ocsmanager|rpcproxy root 21777 0.0 0.3 1551552 7780 ? Sl Sep20 0:54 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/paster serve /etc/ocsmanager/ocsmanager.ini --daemon --pid-file /var/run/ocsmanager/ocsmanager.pid --log-file /var/log/ocsmanager/ocsmanager.log
adam@sogo:~$

*Notice: OpenChange is not running!*

I can check Samba-AD-DC provision --

adam@sogo:~$ sudo samba-tool domain info 192.168.121.149
Forest           : smbdomain.com
Domain           : smbdomain.com
Netbios domain   : SMBDOMAIN
DC name          : sogo.smbdomain.com
DC netbios name  : SOGO
Server site      : Default-First-Site-Name
Client site      : Default-First-Site-Name
adam@sogo:~$

*How do I check OpenChange provision?*  That seems to be the issue to me.

It's also why I suspect I simply need to re-provision OpenChange. The database is intact.

My 'smb.conf' still reads --

       ### Configuration required by OpenChange server ###
        dsb:schema update allowed = true
        #dcerpc endpoint servers = +mapiproxy
        #dcerpc_mapiproxy:server = true
#dcerpc_mapiproxy:interfaces = exchange_emsmdb, exchange_nsp, exchange_ds_rfr
        ### Configuration required by OpenChange server ###

When I uncomment those lines, it "shuts down" my Samba-AD-DC

THAT was my original problem. I will take a snapshot of my VM and start OpenChange, but I need to know if OpenChange is actually provisioned and/or whether I need to correct a schema or re-provision OpenChange.

Thanks so much for your attention!