On 10/26/2015 01:54 PM, Rowland Penny wrote:
Two things, you can ignore the 'setproctitle' lines, these are very common and are harmless. You should not start smbd and samba-ad-dc together, you should just start samba-ad-dc, this will start the 'samba' daemon, which will then start the 'smbd' daemon and on later versions of samba4, it will also start the 'winbindd' daemon. Note that you should never start the 'nmbd' daemon if running a Samba4 AD DC.

Rowland

We've discussed this before, Rowland.

When I install the Inverse Samba packages, I have the following running --

adam@sogo:~$ sudo initctl list | egrep 'samba|smb|nmb|winbind'
nmbd start/running
winbind stop/waiting
smbd stop/waiting
reload-smbd stop/waiting
samba-ad-dc start/running, process 814
adam@sogo:~$

I've tried "disabling" nmbd but the only way I've found was to change the filename at '/etc/init.d/nmbd'

It doesn't seem to "harm" my Samba AD DC (but it might have an effect on my OpenChange, not sure)