On 04/11/2016 10:51 AM, Daniel Bareiro (daniel-lis...@gmx.net) wrote:
Hi, Steve.

On 09/04/16 11:37, Steve Ankeny (stev...@cinergymetro.net) wrote:

Review pg 3, 51-58 of the SOGo Installation and Configuration Guide
<http://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.pdf> (PDF)

Generally, you will find that Outlook 2010, and below, require
OpenChange for use with the "Outlook Anywhere" protocol, while Outlook
2013 can be used without OpenChange with the Enterprise ActiveSync protocol.

Note: IF you need OpenChange, you MUST install the Inverse version of
Samba 4.1.18

Follow the Native Microsoft Outlook Configuration Guide
<http://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoNativeOutlookConfigurationGuide.pdf>
(PDF)  Works ONLY on Ubuntu Trusty & Debian 8
Thank you for confirming and the references. I appreciate it. I'll see
how I will do this implementation and will consult you any questions
that arise.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
Daniel

no problem, Daniel

I am not an expert! However, I've struggled with OpenChange, and I've come to the conclusion the better way for my users is to use EAS with Outlook 2013, and like you, I think the CalDav Synchronizer looks great.

That will help with Address Books and Contacts, but it will not help with receiving Mail in Outlook.

That's where using EAS should work. I'm on the same page as you as far as not using OpenChange. My users are long time Thunderbird users, so using MAPI for Mail made sense, but "some" users need Outlook.

So, for those few users, I believe EAS should do the job. Dovecot/Postfix, SOGo, Samba, no OpenChange