Hi! I hope that I am able to help here.

I've managed to integrate iRedMail with my AD, which includes SOGo. But
I think that what is missing for you is the concept itself.

Usually, when you authenticate a Linux service against Ative Directory,
you can forget about Linux after making it work. Everything is made in
Windows (AD). You create users in AD, set passwords, etc. It all depends
on what resources are used by the application that depends on AD
information.

That being said, SOGo will authenticated AD users, not Linux users after
you integrate them (at least that's what I did here). So, you have to
create and update users in Windows only.

Here is another post in IRedMail, where I comment about SOGo integration
and show a sample configuration file, when asking for support. (This is
why I like more foruns than mail lists):
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic11288-iredmail-support-sogo-group-receiver-issue.html

Also, I maybe wrong, but I guess that SOGo doesn't deal with mail
itself, it depends on other services like Postfix, for example. So,
Postfix also must be prepared to work with AD - Postfix MUST be the
first thing to be integrated, before anything, by the way.

You will have to read a little bit more about the concept itself to
understand - my suggestion is that you setup some VMs and try on these
VMs, so you'll be free to make mistakes and redo the installation.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.poolpak.com/
[2] https://twitter.com/PoolPak