Am 18.02.2018 um 16:23 schrieb J Doe (gene...@nativemethods.com):
> Hi Florian,
>
>> On Feb 18, 2018, at 4:27 AM, Florian Unger (florian.un...@intego.de)
>> <users@sogo.nu> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> of course is it possible to only use CalDAV. Just don't configure an IMAP
>> server in your sogo.conf
>> I am using Sogo this way for 10 years now.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Florian
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Ok, good to know.  I’m still checking out SOGo, so I didn’t realize I could
> selectively turn off servers.  I’m assuming that also applies to the web
> server ?

Not quite.
* as some older i-Devices need differnt ports (8443 + 8843) for calDAV
and cardDAV synchronization, you need the redirect part of the web server.
* the autodiscover functionality on the server is done by redirects from
/.well-known/caldav and /.well-known/carddav URLs.
* SOGo backend does not support SSL encrypted DAV connections (you could
do this part with stunnel instead)

Therefore you need the web server as Proxy even without web frontend.

> Can I also configure the data store to use an existing MySQL server on my
> server, or is Postgres a hard dependency ?

SOGo supports MySQL and Postgresql.

Kind regards,
Christian Mack

--