Hi Christian,

> Am 16.03.2018 um 09:30 schrieb Christian Mack
> (christian.m...@uni-konstanz.de) <users@sogo.nu>:
>
> Am 13.03.2018 um 13:56 schrieb Götz Reinicke
> (goetz.reini...@filmakademie.de <mailto:goetz.reini...@filmakademie.de>):
>>

>>> Am 13.03.2018 um 13:12 schrieb Götz Reinicke
>>> (goetz.reini...@filmakademie.de) <users@sogo.nu>:
>>>
>>> Hi Christian,

>>> Hm. ok. I checked and dovecot and SOGo are configured/using utf-7 (no
>>> :UTF-8 in dovecot conf) so the sieve filter should work by default ?!
>>
>> More reading revealed, that pigeonhole uses UTF-8 …. already ….
>> https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Troubleshooting
>> <https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Troubleshooting>
>> <https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Troubleshooting
>> <https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Troubleshooting>>
>>
>> So, may be it would be cool to have an pigeonhole option to set the encoding
>> for systems which are using UTF-7 for a loooong time …?
>>
>> Or I do have to convert everything to uff-8 …
>>

> Sorry, my fault :-/
>
> I mixed it up with changing the coding on the dovecot side in a
> production setup.
>
> As pigeonhole already does the conversion to mUTF-7 from UTF-8 if
> needed, you have to provide folder names in sieve rules in UTF-8.
>
> This means setting SOGoSieveFolderEncoding to "UTF-8" and afterwards
> changing (saving) again all sieve rules in SOGo, which use special
> character folders.
>
> Sorry for the confusion.

No problem, it sounded reasonable, as character encoding is always some sort of
confusing and work especially if you run setups for a couple of years without
doing every minor and major tweak over time. My current challenge is mysql utf8
:( vrs. Utf8mb4 for other applications we run ….

        BTW: setting UTF-8 for SOGoSieveFolderEncoding and saving the rules
again works!

        Thanks and regards . Götz